Thursday, 6 September 2012

Kobe

I'm part way through my first week of work. It's going well on the whole. The school  I work for is pretty laid-back and the work is fun.  One of the branches I teach at is in Nishiakashi - quite a distance from Osaka. To get to it you have to go through Kobe and change in Sannomiya. Just walking from the Hankyu station to the JR station in Sannomiya yesterday I got a massive nostalgia blast. I walked past the arcade and remembered the games I played there, and past おっぱい山 which was always the best meeting point in Kobe. 

Kobe is such a great city, very international and welcoming to foreigners. It feels idyllic in the way it's bordered by the sea on one side and the green mountains on the other.  

Money's tight at the moment so I'm living on a budget, but not going out every night does give me time to work on various things. For example, I started an online TEFL course this past week, and I've started practising my drums rudiments again as well.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Z