Monday, 6 August 2012

近づいてる

The masters is done. I finished writing the critical appraisal and handed it in on Thursday. It's been an interesting course and broadcast journalism is something I've wanted to study for a long time now, but I don't think I'll be looking for a career in journalism any time soon. I've come to realise recently that my priority for the moment is traveling, and I'm going to do everything I can to make that happen. People have been asking me how long I'll stay in Japan this time, and you can never say for definite, but I don't think it'll be longer than a year. When I get to Japan I want to save some money, then I'll look to heading out to another country or continent and experiencing life there. I also want to take some kind of English teaching course while I'm in Japan. English teaching is my ticket to traveling and some kind of qualification can only open more doors for me.

Friday night was my last shift at Pizza Hut, and then on Saturday I visited both sets of grandparents. Talking with them about the future was interesting, and it always gives you a good sense of perspective speaking to people who've been there and done it all before. I visited my mum's parents in Hillsborough, as that's where they live, and where I grew up. Then I visited my dad's mum in Crookes, as that's where she lives, and that's where I lived during uni. I haven't been to either of those places lately but I enjoyed visiting again before leaving Sheffield for a while.  Last night I went out for drinks at Bungalows and Bears with friends and family.

This summer on the whole has been a lot of fun. The weather's turned fairly decent, or at least as decent as you can hope for, and things like Euro 2012, the Olympics, Tramlines etc. have meant the time before leaving has flown by, rather than dragging like it has in the past.  Most of my stuff is already packed and it's just a couple of days until I leave now.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Z