Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Tramlines

It feels like summer has finally come to Sheffield - yesterday and today it's been around 25°C. The weather was great for Tramlines at the weekend as well. This year was the first time I actually went to Tramlines. Me and a mate checked out the Drop Dead stage at Plug, then just walked around the city centre and enjoyed the atmosphere. The main stage on Devonshire Green was operating one-in-one-out and there were big queues to get in. I've never seen anything like it to be honest. Division Street was covered by a sea of people eating, drinking and generally having a great time. 

These last few days I've been working some more on my radio project. It's mostly done now. Just need to tweak and polish it, then write the critical appraisal. 

At the weekend I ended up on TV in Japan again, albeit in a more static form this time. My friend who works for NHK contacted me asking for any Olympic-related photos I'd taken recently. I sent a few across and they used three of them to show how England's getting ready for the Olympics. It's part of a bigger piece on a British guy who teaches English in Aomori and used to be a CIR at Aomori City Hall before me. Dunno how long it'll be up for but you can see the video here: http://www.nhk.or.jp/aomori/120723maron.html.

Things are progressing well on the Japan front. I bought my coach ticket down to Heathrow last night and I'll be getting my yen soon. 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Z