Sunday, 10 July 2011

BBQ, Tōhoku Onsen, DJing

August is the time when all the JETs who aren't re-contracting leave and their successors come, and now that we're getting closer to that date the leaving parties have started. Yesterday there was a big BBQ in Towada and around 40 JETs showed up. I saw a lot of people I haven't seen in a long time and we'll all be seeing each other again at the various Nebuta festivals around Aomori in the first week of August.

After the BBQ the JETs who were travelling back to Aomori City stopped off at Tōhoku Onsen. This place is famous for its black water, which is that way because of a high mineral content apparently. It was a fairly small place, but it's worth a visit if you're in the area.

Once I was back in Aomori City I went down to a bar near my house called Sublime. This place puts on quite a few gigs and club nights, and also has a practice studio upstairs. I have a friend who DJs there on weekends, and as last night was a free night he asked me to go down and DJ some of my vinyl. He knew I liked 80s music and he brought some great 80s albums from his own collection. I DJed for an hour or so, using some records of mine and some of his, then he went on and DJed some more. It was good fun and the guys at the bar seemed to enjoy it. It's something I want to carry on once I get back to Sheffield.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Z