Saturday, 4 June 2011

A family visit

I recently took a two week holiday from work. During the first week my family came to Aomori, and during the second I visited Kobe and Osaka.

My dad, sister and brother arrived in Tokyo on May 15th and took the Shinkansen up to Aomori on the 16th. They stayed until the 21st and we rented a car so I could show them around Aomori Prefecture. In Aomori City we visited Wa Rasse Nebuta Museum, the Sannai Maruyama ruins, the Shōwa Daibutsu and did go-karting at Moya Hills. In Hirosaki we rented some bikes for free from the local tourist information centre and rode around the city, visiting Hirosaki Castle and Tsugaru-han Neputa-mura. One night we met up with all the JETs in the area and had a drink at a local bar, then we visited Towada Art Center and Lake Towada towards the end of the week.

Showing foreign guests around Aomori Prefecture is exactly what I do at work sometimes. I especially enjoyed Tsugaru-han Neputa-mura and Lake Towada though as I haven't been there with work yet.

Showing my dad how to use chopsticks

At the Shōwa Daibutsu with my brother and dad

Playing the taiko drum with my dad at Tsugaru-han Neputa-mura

At Towada Art Center with my brother

At Towada Art Center

My sister at a batting cage

My family then traveled back down to Tokyo by Shinkansen and stayed there for another week before returning to the UK. It was the first time for any of them to come to Japan and they all really enjoyed their time here.

I'll write about my time in Kobe and Osaka next.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

Sounds like a good time all round.

best wishes

Uncle Edward

04/06/2011, 12:50  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Z