Thursday, 16 September 2010

Internet and my birthday

I now have super-fast-Japanese internet at my apartment. Internet is important kids. I Skyped the family and they all seem to be doing well. I also need to get on a few TV shows from back home that started recently, like This Is England '86 and Mad Men.

This past weekend it was my birthday so we all went out drinking on the Friday. It was a good way to end the week as all the new JETs from the prefecture had been in Aomori City for a 3 day orientation. We ate and drank at a popular gajin watering hole called Passage Hiroba, then went on to a darts bar. Funny story - everyone was late showing up apart from my Korean co-worker who used the time to by me a birthday cake hat from a nearby department store. Sometimes it pays to be late, if you have smart friends. Here I am modeling the hat.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Hummy said...

I hope you had a great day, Mad Men is awesome. Get on it!

25/09/2010, 09:11  
Blogger Jephso said...

Yeah, watched the first two episodes of the new series. Cracking. Saw the first episode of This Is England '86 as well. It was all filmed in Sheffield, pretty sick.

29/09/2010, 08:36  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Z