Sunday, 25 July 2010

Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver adverts

Nintendo's adverts in the UK for Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver earlier this year were quite interesting. These games were remakes of 1999's Pokémon Gold and Silver, and the people that played those games as kids are now old enough to reminisce about them as adults, and that's the idea Nintendo tried to tap into in their ad campaign.





It seems they used the same tactic in Japan as well.



Gold and Silver were my favourites of the Pokémon series, and it totally doesn't seem 10 years ago since they first came out. I bought Gold again a couple of years ago, and after sending it to Nintendo to get a replacement battery played it through, and it's still as great as ever. I'm planning to take my GBA SP to Japan with me actually. I should have some spare time to start gaming again, and I'm hoping to pick up some wacky Japanese titles while I'm out there.

I gather Pokémon Black and White are coming out for the DS soon, but I'm not all that interested. Pokémon on the Game Boy has always been more fun for me, for some reason. In fact, I went into a couple of games shops the other day with my brother as he wanted to exchange an Xbox 360 game. It was the first time in ages, and felt strange. I didn't want to play any of the games on the shelves, and these places where I'd spend many a Saturday afternoon no longer felt like somewhere I wanted to be. The new consoles, even the Wii, don't really interest me anymore, but give me a Game Boy or Mega Drive and we're talking.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Z