Thursday, 24 June 2010

Dissertation result

Yesterday I went to pick up the feedback sheet for my dissertation from the East Asian Studies office, and I ended up with a mark of 65%, smack bang in the middle of a 2:1. That seems to be the only mark they ever award for dissertations, with my mates all getting the same. There was a bit of discrepancy between the two different markers though, one giving me 61% and the other 69%. In the end 65% is about what I expected, and now I'm just waiting til Monday to hear the results of my final exam.

I'm also preparing to travel down to London on the 30th to attend a pre-departure orientation for the job I start in August. The conference runs for two days and will be attended by the hundreds of British people heading out to Japan with JET as ALTs or CIRs, and although it actually starts on the 1st, it starts at 9 in the morning, meaning I'll have to stay over in London the night before. I've booked a room at the same place I'll be staying on the night of the 1st though, which should make things simple.

Today's been a great day for sport. There was the longest ever tennis match between John Isner and Nicolas Mahut at Wimbledon, Isner finally winning the last set 70-68 after a total of 11 hours and 5 minutes. There was also a shock in the World Cup, with debutants Slovakia beating current holders, Italy 3-1 to send them out at the group stages. Luckily there was no upset for England yesterday, whose 1-0 victory over Slovenia put them to through to the second round to face Germany on Sunday. My shift on Sunday at Pizza Hut starts just after that match finishes so I'll be able to watch the whole thing.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Z